• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Diet???

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
What would be an example of a weeks feeding schedule??
I just bought another b/w argentine 2 weeks ago, its a male, 32 inches long. Im finding it hard coming up with new things to feed him. I know this site has a great list of food items, but I feel like Im feeding him the same things. So far Ive given him mice, rats, berries, chicken hearts/gizzards/liver, superworms and chunks of turkey. I bought some shirmp for him last night, but havent given it to him yet. How often should I feed him mice/rats? So far he gets them just once a week. I know turkey, beef and chicken are ok, but what types do I buy at the grocery store. Do I actually buy him a steak or a chicken breast and cut it up? lol Just wondering what types of things you feed your tegus on a daily basis. I want to keep him healthy and happy. And do yours like the taste of calcium powder on their food? most of my reptiles dont.
thx
Leanne

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
Mondays - Superworms
Tuesdays - Chicken "Parts" (Liver, heart..etc) with some wormies as a topper
Wednesdays - Mice
Thursdays - Blaptica Dubia roaches
Fridays - Eggs/Insects
Saturdays - Fruits
Sundays - Randoms

Thats my general schedule, it changes from time to time. Sometimes Ill have some fish or some nice treat to give him.

Jer723

5 Year Member
my schedule is my random schedule i feed mine rodents 2 times a week Saturday and wednesday, and then i usually just switch between beef liver, eggs, and seafood the other days, since mine hates all insects. and mine doesnt really like the calcium dust either, hell eat a to when its off but when its on he doesnt eat as much its weird.

Jerry

Ratchet

5 Year Member
i'm in the same boat that you are in...i just give mine what ever i got that day...i'm starting to cut back on mice though i'm noticing an increase in violent behavior that's making me a bit nervous :bolt

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
My tegus diet also just depends on what I have. He loves loves loooves blueberries lol they are his favourite. But he doesn't seem to mind the calcium dust at all, in fact, he won't eat crickets or superworms without it :p

Ratchet

5 Year Member
i only feed f/t never live...if my tegu lost an eye or even got an infected bite i would be horrified...but with fruit he slowly takes it and eats it but with mice he's like a whole new animal..it's a little scary...i ordered some butterworms to see if he'll eat em

jntann

5 Year Member
Hi, baby dino is very picky. but she eats mice very good so she gets lots of mice. she won't eat any kind of fruit. If i would give her ground turkey or raw chicken she would eat it after about a weak. but i would end up wasting a lot of meat. so now i just give her mice I still try giving fruit sometimes but it just gets wasted maybe some day she will start eating it, she is about 2 years old. sometimes live mice sometimes frozen mice thawed out. maybe I should start stuffing them with fruit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.