• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu escaped- are they good at squeezing through very small spaces?

Chenpoes

This, unfortunately, isn't my first rodeo with lost reptiles, but he's definitely (at least for now) the smallest lizard I've ever lost. My door is a bit above ground, I can squeeze a couple fingers under the door if I hurt myself, and he's bigger than them. Do you think it's possible he could compress himself enough to wiggle through though? I've torn my room up looking for him and it seems he's nowhere to be found, since we have several cats (who've since been locked up) I'm a bit worried, and wondering if I should actually be looking through the rest of the house.

rantology

General rule of thumb, if you think they can fit their head through then they can most likely squeeze by. Put out his smelliest, tastiest most favoritest food and a heat lamp. Hopefully he smells the food and wants the heat and you can catch him there.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you don't think it can get ........... fact is it probably has.

leave sand or flour or something across thresholds etc....... that way you'll see if there's been any movement

leave water food and heat source too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan