• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu growing

kpelzer

5 Year Member
hi everyone. i have an arg b&w tegu that i believe is about a year old, but not certain. now when i got him in aug he was eating like a champ but since winter his eating has slowed down quit a bit. he still eats just not much. he mostly like to stay hidden in these cold Michigan winters. but my question is at 3ft long and bout a year old is he done growing???????

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Nope, it will grow over 3ft 100%, it will probably reach its max length this spring/summer which is around 4ft, give or take depending on the tegu and the diet.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
I heard animals that grow faster than normal or are to much can have shortened lives. This not really linked with obesity but with their biological clock. Is this true?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus can grow fast, or grow in sperts, I do not think it shortens the life if they grow faster. I do not think your tegu is done growing, he should start eating more soon, the weather there is getting warmer now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.