• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Handbook

JtotheLord

Hey!

I'm in the process of compiling a comprehensive guide to owning Gold/Black tegus. I intend to go into very specific detail (for example evolutionary comparissons with monitor lizards). At the moment, it's just a small thing really, but eventually I'd like to provide an interactive Tegu wiki with both professional and hobbyist input.

Any thoughts/ideas/help/cirticisms (constructive please!)/praise would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.ehow.com/boards/columbian-goldblack-tegu-care-tupinambis-teguixin-627110/

Thanks! :D

JtotheLord

james.w said:
What is your level of experience with the black/gold tegu?

I've had my male Columbian for about 4 years now.

To be honest, I keep/have kept more species of herp/invert than I can count and am literally obsessed with eating up as much information as I can on all things exotic. I thought it would be a good idea to try and take some of that energy and focus it on an overlooked, misunderstood and beautiful species to try and re-address their reputation and quite a lot of widely publicised myths.

I've had a lot of experience with large lizards (including a pretty giant v. albigularis!) and my 'little' Columbian (Donny :D) has been so consistently fascinating and surprising in equal measures, I fell in love with these tegs!

Also, as a 22 year-old girl, there's a bit of me that wants to show that the big guys aren't just for boys! :p

That thread was exactly the sort of thing I was after! Sorry, I'm a noob!

This is him btw :D

http://spark-img.ehowcdn.com/spark-post-image/ehowcdn~images01/spark/ab/5d/ab5d82394110b915c8a6916d37570b4c.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat