• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu has weird mark/wound(?) on legs?

Chenpoes

A couple weeks ago I noticed these grey markings on my little dude's legs but didn't think much of it, just thought it was him shedding in a weird way. He just shed his back legs and the marks have changed, they look a bit like a scar maybe? As you can see from the pics it went from grey to reddish/pinkish. I touched them and he doesn't seem bothered at all. He still eats fine, moves fine, etc. At first I thought it was maybe a burn from his light, but his basking spot is 110f and the other light is a reptisun T8. It's worse on one leg as well, and doesn't show up anywhere else on his body. Any idea what this is? I recently replaced his basking light with a halogen floodlight, could that be doing something? Thanks for the advice. Here are some pics as well, first is the spots when they first showed up and second is from today.

Dylan koch

I cant say could be burns. But when my 1 of 4 tegus got a burn it looked like a burn like boiled n puss but she got it from trying to find ways out of cage and trying to climb up and push ligt bulb with head to get out!

Dylan koch

Just watch those 3 areas. Legs and back. You could of got too powerful of light for size of enclosure or distance isnt high enough up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus