• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Hide/Basking spot idea

Wooly

5 Year Member
I thought I would show my hide/basking spot to those that might want any ideas for a great inexpensive hide. The hides temps are about 75-78 degrees and the top part which is the basking spot is about 105-109 degrees. Its two bricks high on each side (39cents each) and one plan flat concrete slab (79cents). I just dug a little bit underneath the concrete slab so he could have some room and get used to it. Both my tegus love it.
DSC00492.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

This is better if the tegu is a hatchling or under 6 month old cause of the size of the space underneath the concrete slab. I'm going to try and use something similar when my tegu gets bigger and I when I get my bigger cage soon.

Markie

5 Year Member
Great idea! I've been wanting to build something up in my turtle's cage with bricks like that.. guess I will have to do that with my tegu too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan