• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu in same tank with Nile?!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Apriliarufo you are completly right! this guy i was arguing with just mad me so mad... and the worst thing is.. people where backing him up on it.. i wanted to scream!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok im sorry but i just feel the need to show you what this guy is EMAILING me about now..

-----Original Message-----
To: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
Sent: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:43 am
Subject: Re:

I have you in my email list, you must have contacted me before.. Do you know anything about Niles or ever had one? Have you ever seen a tame one???? Human contact or not it doesnt matter much. I have personally seen 3 dog tame niles in over 20 yrs. I seen you just cut and pasted your post so I will let you go back and read my reply I made on the site. That Nile by the way is actually fairly tame now and is used for demonstrations. Took me 8 months to get him to eat with out being with the tegu and to tame him down. She was a rescue from CT along with several others. Untill you get some experience I suggest you dont make posts without facts. You cant learn everything by reading books. Hell look in reptiles magazine and look up well known breeders and you will see species mixed. Knowledge will set you free !!!!.... Sean

THIS IS WHAT I WROTE BACK CAUSE HE HAS ME SO MAD..eve tho i know i shouldnt let it get to me... it does..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? now you have me mad... First off... Stop it.. You know what you did was wrong..and the people backing you up on craigslist are wrong too.. you dont mix Tegus with montior!!!! YOU DONT!!!!!!!! Dont tell me it took you 8 fucking months to get him to eat ...cause he would be dead so please stop lieing to me... the nile might be tame now yes... but when you had him in a tank with a tegu he wasn't.. so that has nothing to do with the conversation we are having!!!!! I know more then you think about Monitors and tegus I OWN BOTH TYPES! Dude you have to be jokeing... If i look in a Reptile magazine i will see breeders WHO BREED DIFFERENT TYPES, NOT MIXED IN WITH EACH OTHER.. im pretty sure your the one who needs to learn alittle bit more on how you handle your animals.. dont criticize my knowledge.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi, this guy is a lost cause, he is not going to see it until he looses them both. I would not even waste my breath, you can tell him the truth until your blue in the face, but he is not going to hear the truth or the facts.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i guess not every reptile rescues are a safe place for a reptile to be at after their horrible life, i remember when I had to take care of a sick ackie for a couple days because it's encolsure was way too cold, not a fun experience

Nyarlathotep

5 Year Member
(warning: I'm kicking a dead horse and I know it)

Dog tame nile? They're about 1 in 1000.
I had a tame one till last year (r.i.p. :( ), and I trusted her with _me_ almost completely. I would not under any circumstances trust her with a tegu, cat, other human or other nile for that matter. (even though she was the "tamest" nile I've ever seen). The way she looked at my tegu when carrying her past his cage (and most living things) was unnerving ("One day, ...").

Tegu accidentally scratches nile? Nile gets food on its head? The number of possible ugly scenarios makes my head spin, and they all end with one dead and one mortally wounded.

He might as well have posted:
"I love snakes. Every morning, I feed my pets, get out my revolver and play russian roulette all my free lizards."

nat

5 Year Member
I used to get into arguments on a very regular basis with a guy who insisted pea gravel was the best kind of substrate for beardies. I know its tempting to keep fighting with them because there are live animals involved and you want him to know better so that the animal's lives are better... but unfortunately it rarely works out that way.

better to spend your energy spreading education so that more people will be able to recognize his practices as poor and false.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
here's a couple list of arguments that i got into
-pet habitat, a full grown male pixie frog was housed on damp paper towels and was ina 10 gallon tank, their baslisk had no branches to climb on whatso ever and had no proper lighting, their ball python was being a hopper mouse every 3 weeks and has been shed for 5 months
-pet lovers, mixing species, 3 baby nile monitors in a 30 gallon exo-terra
-John ?, 5 female leopard geckos in a 20 gallon tank with sand substrate, 14' burmese python being fed large rats in a 5' long enclosure with a exo-terra water dish
no wonder people call me freak, people like us know way too much than bad reptile people like them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam