• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Noob

Yasha

5 Year Member
Hello all~

My husband and I are wanting to get a Tegu. My husband has been at me for well over a year now to get one. The more I learn about them the more I like them. So now we need to do our research and get one. We picked up a 2x2x4 tub and have converted it to make a Juv tank. Hope that will work.

We have been in reptiles for over 20 years now, but all have been smaller reptiles. Hope to learn enough here to feel comfortable enough to own one!

Thanks for having us!

Sarah & Jake

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Sarah & Jake,
Glad you stopped by!!! I'm sure you will get lost in all the good stuff to be found on the forums. If you have any questions just ask or run a search!!! I can't wait for you to get a tegu lol!!!

2004014538283941353_rs.jpg

Yasha

5 Year Member
Thanx Puff! your the reason I (Sarah) broke down and wanted to get a tegu. That video were you feed your tegu is great!

Love that picture, Tegus are great but Rhacs rule!

...This may not be the forum for that comment but, whatever. =)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yasha said:
Thanx Puff! your the reason I (Sarah) broke down and wanted to get a tegu. That video were you feed your tegu is great!

Love that picture, Tegus are great but Rhacs rule!

...This may not be the forum for that comment but, whatever. =)

Your comment is just fine, we are all friendly here. :)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha yeah anything herp related is fair game!! If your feeling lucky you could try and win Bobby's (Varnyard) free tegu give away contest!! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1324">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1324</a><!-- m -->

Yasha

5 Year Member
:oops:
I'm not very good with writing. If I could convince Jake to enter we may have a shot. Though we are hoping to get a tegu before the contest ends.

I set the tank/tub up last night, well, mostly. I need to puck up some glues sticks for the screen vents.

Also were do you guys get your Cyprus mulch bedding? Its very costly at a pet store for such large amounts. I' thinking of doing a mix of 50/50 Cyprus and peat/sphagnum moss. Do you think that would be fine? I think it may hold a burrow better?

���

jose2187

5 Year Member
i use that , well the moss in my removable hide and the mulch in the cage. Yes itcost alot i bought 50 of moss and 50 of mulch the other day at the pet shop and i have to cages on 5x2x2 and one 6x2x2

Yasha

5 Year Member
:shock:

I'm sure I could find it cheaper at Lowes or Home Depot kind of place.
I get a 50 lb bag of organic Sphagnum Peat for $10 at a local nursery. The mulch may be a little harder to find. But maybe the nursery will order it for me if they dont have it. Sometimes I find the pet store prices crazy and I get 35% off because I work in one. LOL Maybe I'm just cheap but I like to find good deals before I buy.

â?¥

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980