• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu not eating any meat??

Magik

5 Year Member
I have been offering my tegu finely choped liver as well as ground turkey and pinkies but he shows no interest??He wolfs down crickts and some hopper locusts but nothing else??any one else had this problem?? :shock:

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's a chance he perceives them as too big.
Have you tried tong feeding?

Magik

5 Year Member
No i havnt I have been trying for him not to associate me at all with feeding rather his feeding bin and his feeding dish!would thong feeding not be detrimental to the taming process?

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i am by far no expert either but i used to feed in my tegus enclosure and with tongs and she became aggressive

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
thats why i started to feed outside the enclosure with only f/t whole items ground turkey 99% lean and sometimes scrambled or boiled eggs.variety is key

Magik

5 Year Member
I mix up his food alot9well at least i am trying to)he takes boiled eggs but I have only offered it once as a treat but I have offered lots of other foods but he shows no interest?

Magik

5 Year Member
My Argentine has no problem eating out its just he wont take meat or fuit and veg just insects(crickets,hoppers,mealworms,waxworms,etc etc etc)

angelrose

5 Year Member
cooli said:
I have been offering my tegu finely choped liver as well as ground turkey and pinkies but he shows no interest??He wolfs down crickts and some hopper locusts but nothing else??any one else had this problem?? :shock:

this is one I have not heard of :chin
but as with the tegus I have I am certain he will change as he grows.

angelrose

5 Year Member
Nero said:
My columbian wont eat outside his tank I try everyday and he just wont eat

mine will wake up and expect breakfast in her enclosure. stands right where her bowl is suppose to be ....lol
and then comes out goes hunting. oh and she does not want her own dinner plate. she wants what your eating ...lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Soft boil an egg, start the water boiling then add the egg, let it boil for exactly 3 minutes. then put it in cold water until it cools. Remove the egg and break it open, mix the yoak with the turkey, or dip the pinkies in it. With the turkey, add just a liitle meat, then each feeding reduce the yoak and add more turkey until he eats just turkey, same with the pinkies or liver.

Magik

5 Year Member
Hahahaha hey bobby when I first startedb reading your reply there I thought you were telling me to cook myself boiled eggs and then dip a pinkie in it :shock: will give it a try tommorow!ThanksBobby your a great help as always!
Would that work for fruit?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cooli said:
Hahahaha hey bobby when I first startedb reading your reply there I thought you were telling me to cook myself boiled eggs and then dip a pinkie in it :shock: will give it a try tommorow!ThanksBobby your a great help as always!
Would that work for fruit?

I am more then glad to help, and it usually does the trick.

I dont know about the fruit, I have never tried it, I am also not real big on fruit, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.