• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Pairs Living?

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
Would it be a bad idea to have 2 tegus in a cage that is 8'x4'x3'? Is that not enough room to avoid fighting? Also, for those who free roam, if you have 2 males out at the same time will they start to fight? I had this problem with 2 male rhinos and I had to let them out at separate times. The tegus I have seen in videos just getting along, but I want to be sure before getting another one. Thanks for the help.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I keep males together all the time, it is very rare to see a fight between mine. The only thing would be nesting females or if there is a big size difference. I would also not feed tthem together. you should be fine if you follow those simple rules.

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
That is the response I wanted to hear! :D Now I can justify to myself (and girlfriend :lol: ) getting another one. I really want a black and white to go along with a red.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980