• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu poop

izlovesfishing

Hello! I’m new here and I have some questions about my tegus poop. He’s a 4 year old B&W tegu and is about 4ft long. Pretty much since I got him back in 2021, his urates are yellow-orange with little white. I literally cannot find anything about it other than it could mean too much calcium in his diet or too little.

Food-Right now he is being fed a mash of ground turkey, cooked eggs with shell, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, two chopped up rats, turkey hearts, collards, and raw salmon fillets in all in small portions every three days because he only eats that much at time. Oh and its dusted with reptivite herptivite with beta carotine. I also add one fish oil pill every few meals.

Water-He has a giant water bowl that he can fit in or a dog bowl consistently full of clean water daily. I give him showers once a week (because he gets poop on him).

I don't know if its a build up of uric acid because of dehydration or what. Ive tried posting on reddit but no one gives me answers (posts dont get enough attention). In addition to the weird urates he also has watery poop and hasn’t had normal solid poop ever. The last time i took him to the vet was 2021 maybe early 2022 and they said he was healthy and his poop was normal.

I don’t have a lot of money right now so the vet isn’t an option until i save up enough. I’m young and still learning so please be kind :)

Stellalife1

Hello! I’m new here and I have some questions about my tegus poop. He’s a 4 year old B&W tegu and is about 4ft long. Pretty much since I got him back in 2021, his urates are yellow-orange with little white. I literally cannot find anything about it other than it could mean too much calcium in his diet or too little.

Food-Right now he is being fed a mash of ground turkey, cooked eggs with shell, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, two chopped up rats, turkey hearts, collards, and raw salmon fillets in all in small portions every three days because he only eats that much at time. Oh and its dusted with reptivite herptivite with beta carotine. I also add one fish oil pill every few meals.

Water-He has a giant water bowl that he can fit in or a dog bowl consistently full of clean water daily. I give him showers once a week (because he gets poop on him).

I don't know if its a build up of uric acid because of dehydration or what. Ive tried posting on reddit but no one gives me answers (posts dont get enough attention). In addition to the weird urates he also has watery poop and hasn’t had normal solid poop ever. The last time i took him to the vet was 2021 maybe early 2022 and they said he was healthy and his poop was normal.

I don’t have a lot of money right now so the vet isn’t an option until i save up enough. I’m young and still learning so please be kind :)
Orange, yellow & white is all fine you may also find that he has liquid urine as well orange is the most condensed but if he is passing yellow & white also, he is fine. Don't forget to add calcium daily & vit D every 3rd feeding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980