• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu sauna.

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

She loves the fog machine.

Aranha

5 Year Member
Im using a fogger aswell ^^. Work wonders but it tends to lower the temp in bigger tanks so i have mine activated for like 15 minutes every hour daytime and 15 minutes every 2 hours nighttime. Got my lights timed aswell with preheat in the morning :)

nat

5 Year Member
I used to use foggers for some of my torts and frogs but then discovered that if you touch the disk on the top I recieved a bit of a nasty shock, I am not sure if that is consistant with all foggers but I have since heard of several other people getting shocked regularly by their fogger. Thought I would just share that you give you a heads up. I love the affect of them though! I still used them on occasion but put them in an area that my animal can't access.

olympus

5 Year Member
I touch mine all the time and that has never happened, the tegu even steps in the bowl while it,s on.

Aranha

5 Year Member
mines a shocker. But you have to hold ur hand on it for like 10 seconds before u actually start feeling anything.

dorton

5 Year Member
I think its not so much the shock as it is the high frequency waves that create the fog to start with, but it can be discomforting.

nat

5 Year Member
that may be but in my case I was definately shocked, like zzzzap! had a little bit to it but not enough to do much more then just freaking hurt for a second or two. Either way its just something to keep an eye out for when animals have access to it. I can't see it being too much of a problem with a large bodied tegu but with my little tree and dart frogs it was enough to make me take it out of the cage

gebris353

5 Year Member
Wow! :shock: Thats just amazing, I've never seen a fog machine into a reptile place ever! Yeah, I'm the Argentinian lol. Its really cool, and really like those pics, they seem to have a little jungle there! :-D

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Ha the humidity is 90% in there, Mine doesnt like water that much right now, maybe more when he gets older, but I do know, he does not like to be woke up in the morning. Today he made it a point to draw blood, and has been an a$$ the whole rest of the day.

angelrose

5 Year Member
wow :shock: that's amazing. looks so awesome. thanks for the idea :idea:
what do you use on the top of your cage :?:

COWHER

5 Year Member
I wanted to do that back when i first got my tegu but every one talked me outta it!! I am going to go order some this weekend and do it now!!

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Everytime I use the fogger and unplug it it ends up breaking...I swear I went through 4 of them in 2 months...and the first time I got shocked...it scarred the crap out of me...It was totally unexpected. Can I ask what kind of fogger your using?

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0631.jpg

This is the one it has lasted quite a while too. I use heavy duty packaging tape for the top to hold the plants.

nat

5 Year Member
lizardboy - are you sure you just didn't need to replace the disk? Sorry if I am asking a stupid question but it never hurts to ask! That's the fogger I used to... I found a way to prevent shocks (for the animals) is to place the fogger above the top of a screened cage because the fog is heavier and will sink down into the cage. Just a thought for people with smaller animals and top screened cages. I really love how much humidity it manages to put into a cage.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey, about how much did all your foggers cost? I'm interested in maybe getting one for humidity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029