• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu skull and monitor skull.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is tegu skull and monitor skull, you can see there is a very big difference in them.

Tegu.
specimenlarge.jpg

Monitor.
untitledm.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very cool, what type of monitor skull is that? Water? Looks more Indo.

techhousejunkie

5 Year Member
what kind of monitor is that??? is it a crocodile, I say that because I read there teeth are viscious looking, and thats pretty viscious looking. I kinda dont mind getting bit by my baby gu lol.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
techhousejunkie said:
what kind of monitor is that??? is it a crocodile, I say that because I read there teeth are viscious looking, and thats pretty viscious looking. I kinda dont mind getting bit by my baby gu lol.

Oh yeah, crocs are nasty to get bit by.

Don't click if you're afraid of blood.....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://proexotics.com/FAQ2.html#monitor_croc">http://proexotics.com/FAQ2.html#monitor_croc</a><!-- m -->

Scroll down a little to see what these creatures are capable of. To be honest I don't feel all that safe around any lizard much bigger than a tegu. Even a "tame" animal can bite.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
the teeth on the tegu totally give away the fact that they are omnivores!! cool pics

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
techhousejunkie said:
Viscious pics man. Wut was the first person trying to do put his head in its mouth??

Thanks, they're not mine though. The first person was just doing some regular maintenance, it was a quick feeding response bite that did that. The potential is scary.

VARNYARD said:
The monitor is a Water monitor skull.

Nice, I got it right. :lol:

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Ok, well what kind is this? And it is a modern reptile. :)

untitledXZX.jpg

Haha you gave me a hard one....

Looks teiid like, not just a hard-core predator. Rounded teeth. :idea:

I'll guess Caiman lizard? Whiptails or ameivas don't have teeth like that....

Am I right? :p

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You are 110% correct!! The teeth are made for crushing thier food, they feed just about on nothing else but snails. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029