• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Taming Timing

mushman

5 Year Member
I am very anxious to start interacting with my tegu but my work schedule requires me to work during the only times he is out of hiding. He gets up around 11-11:30am like clockwork and is only out for a couple hours. Usually by then I am getting ready for work. I know I'm not supposed to disturb him while he's sleeping but I don't really know what to do. I know he won't let me handle him because he runs and hides when I get close to his cage. How can I feed his meat and bugs in a separate enclosure if I can't handle him? Yesterday i got home and fed him a fuzzy(f/t) and I know for a fact he saw me. The only answer I can think of is to feed him while he's sleeping but I'm afraid of the meat going bad. I know this is a ton of questions at once but I am pretty much going nuts at the moment ;)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mushman said:
I am very anxious to start interacting with my tegu but my work schedule requires me to work during the only times he is out of hiding. He gets up around 11-11:30am like clockwork and is only out for a couple hours. Usually by then I am getting ready for work. I know I'm not supposed to disturb him while he's sleeping but I don't really know what to do. I know he won't let me handle him because he runs and hides when I get close to his cage. How can I feed his meat and bugs in a separate enclosure if I can't handle him? Yesterday i got home and fed him a fuzzy(f/t) and I know for a fact he saw me. The only answer I can think of is to feed him while he's sleeping but I'm afraid of the meat going bad. I know this is a ton of questions at once but I am pretty much going nuts at the moment ;)

You can change his time, set the time for when you are home, and just cover the cage during the day when you are working. Set the time for the lights to be on at 12 hours a day when you are home. You can let the lights be on from 11pm to 11am, this would make it to where he will be active when you are home.

mushman

5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice Bobby. I have adjusted it so its a bit earlier but I will cover his cage too. He just doesn't seem to want to come out. I have been trying to feed him different stuff but so far all he has eaten are large crickets and a f/t fuzzy. He turned up his nose at scrambled eggs and raw ground turkey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980