• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Taming

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Please don't delete my posts if they don't break any forum rules, and if it did can you please pm me which ones.

@reptileguy. It isn't being judgmental if you have something to base your judgements on. You lost a tegu because you took him in your bathroom and a couple days after getting another you are doing the same thing. Do you not see a problem with this??

TheTeguGurl

james.w said:
Please don't delete my posts if they don't break any forum rules, and if it did can you please pm me which ones.

@reptileguy. It isn't being judgmental if you have something to base your judgements on. You lost a tegu because you took him in your bathroom and a couple days after getting another you are doing the same thing. Do you not see a problem with this??

And I am sure he is taking every precaution out there! Let's give advise and not down grade someone. Kian already feel pretty bad about Steve. And He is being a good keeper

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It started as asking questions and he turned it into me talking sh!t and being judgmental. Maybe if he read what I posted and either answered the questions or completely ignored me it would be fine.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Honestly, we're going to get upset over people stating facts and trying to help spread proper handling? This is ridiculous. Sarefina, he clearly isn't taking every precaution possible so let's not even BEGIN to go down that road. If every precaution were being taken the tegu would be in quarantine without human contact for at least 1-2 weeks and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I refrained from saying most of what I wanted to the first time around but I really don't think we need to say "Oh don't worry he's being a good keeper", when he clearly is not. I'm not going to sit here quietly while I watch the same mistakes that led to a death be made again.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
James, both of those posts were taking the thread down a path of name calling and off topic. They aren't physically deleted, they are unapproved. If you have an issue, pm Josh. He can see the posts.

(in general) Reptile Guy is a minor member here. Which is why he censors his profanity. Is it really necessary to answer him back with profanity? Is it necessary to throw the death of a pet in the face of another member repeatedly? Are you really trying to help? The posts don't have an air of helpfulness. Perhaps in the beginning they were constructive, but now it is "you don't listen to my advice so you suck."

*********1. Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.
2. Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated. Do not post links to other forums.
3. Do not post explicit or otherwise inappropriate material..
4. Refrain from the discussion of any illegal activity.
5. Taunting, berating, or antagonizing moderators and/or staff will not be tolerated. Issues with our 100% volunteer staff can be directed to [email protected]

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/guidelines.php#ixzz2AsaQQDcF

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I highly doubt he censors himself, but the site does it for him. You are correct in saying the post are no longer helpful, but he has taken them to the point they are at.

Why is it that so many threads get turned into "you guys are mean" threads when the OP isn't happy with the comments? This is still a public forum where we can question others posts correct??

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I really don't understand why we are expected to baby people on this forum. He's a minor member, but I have seen many posts, not here, of him doing things most minors wouldn't, including throwing knives at a picture of an unnamed Tegu breeders face. Maybe the solution is to not have minors on the forum or label them MINOR MEMBER so we know not to be "mean" to them. If this forum is going to turn into a "pat everyone on the back and tell them they're doing great no matter what" forum then I may leave. The reason his dead pet was brought up is because the way it died was highly relevant to the conversation, not because anyone wants to rub it in his face.

ReptileGuy

TegusRawsome80 said:
I really don't understand why we are expected to baby people on this forum. He's a minor member, but I have seen many posts, not here, of him doing things most minors wouldn't, including throwing knives at a picture of an unnamed Tegu breeders face. Maybe the solution is to not have minors on the forum or label them MINOR MEMBER so we know not to be "mean" to them. If this forum is going to turn into a "pat everyone on the back and tell them they're doing great no matter what" forum then I may leave. The reason his dead pet was brought up is because the way it died was highly relevant to the conversation, not because anyone wants to rub it in his face.

Nobody asked you to baby anyone. She was saying that since you are adults you should be mature enough not to talk back or drop it. I don't know what you are expecting from me. I'm taking every precaution possible. Yet you still keep making up more. I throw knives as a stress reliever and Bobby Hill is the perfect target. I never said I was innocent. I know who you actually are and that you have a personal problem with me. So take it up with me on facebook. Not a public forum.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, I'm not expect you to "baby" anyone. It's civility. The point is that you don't always know who is on the receiving end of your conversation. Be an adult and if you don't like the level of conversation, don't participate. A few may feel he took the thread down an irrelevant point, but I see that people also willingly followed and participated.

If posters are concerned about the tegu that died, mention it once, let it go. To keep bringing it up multiple times is not always productive and is probably going to turn the intended audience away from what you are trying to say.

I got involved in tegus because of my 10yo daughter. I love having minors on the forums. If I know they are minors, I will keep an eye out for them. If you had kids, you would be thankful someone watched out for yours.

Perhaps the board censored his language,idk. Maybe I'm wrong on that point.

You know what, this isn't a public forum. This is a privately owned forum and we are registered users. No one, including me has the right to say whatever they want just because they feel like it. This isn't like the public park where you can exercise your first amendment rights. :) This is a forum that someone pays for and owns. Perhaps you didn't see the post I made invisible. I am not one to point fingers and tell so-and-so that what they did was "wrong". I try to make conflicting posts invisible so that they don't pull the whole forum down into a back-biting pool of negativity. They aren't deleted and other moderators and the site owner can bring the posts back if anyone feels I have overstepped a boundary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980