• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu toys?

thestem07

5 Year Member
I have a B&W and was wondering if maybe I should put a ball or some sort of toy in there for him to play with. As I am currently going to school full time(15 credit hours) and work anywhere between 20 and 35 hrs a week, I am not home as much as I would like to be. I noticed that almost everyday he manages to either fill his water dish with mulch or dump it completely almost everyday when I come home at night. I was wondering if this was because he is possibly bored? I know they like to burrow and he does this all the time I know that. I was just wondering if he had something like a ball or something like that to play with would he?
I know it would have to be big enough for him not to swallow it and tough enough for him not to shred it. I was thinking a racket ball or hard rubber, maybe bouncy ball.
Anyways, does anyone else have toys or anything like that for their tegu? If so what is it and what would you suggest if anything?

Thanks in advance!

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
my 4 month old, brutus, has a squeeky dog toy that he moves around and basks with.. doesn't play with it though..

Attachments

• 2009-10-28 brutus 003 e.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3
  • 2009-10-28 brutus 005 e.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3

Reflektr

5 Year Member
That's funny lol. I watched my beardie chase around a bigger bouncy ball once or twice. It was pretty funny actually.

cornking4

5 Year Member
mis jaksin said:
my 4 month old, brutus, has a squeeky dog toy that he moves around and basks with.. doesn't play with it though..

How did you get him to take a liking to that? :-D

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
i didn't do anything to make him like his toy... he just likes to lay on something soft, so i figured i'd buy him one and he loved it. (it's easy to wash too since it's made for slobbery dogs!)

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
I suggest getting a clear ball and putting a live mouse in it. CHASE. Haha no but I have always though making something that you would put food in so they could figure out how to get it would be fun. Like a dog kong thing or some kind of maze? I don't really know but those seem like fun. :shock:

cornking4

5 Year Member
you could always put ground turkey in a kong since their tongues are long enough to reach inside... Just wondering if they'd get bored fast though.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
I watched my dragon attack a squeaky frog toy awhile back. He was just sitting on the bed all normal just looking at it until i lightly squeaked it. He kept coming closer to investigate, then just pounced at it a few times. It was entertaining. He was amazed by the fish bowl on the counter in the pet store a couple weeks ago when my girlfriend took him on a field trip. If you want to keep your little guy occupied along with a tasty snack, put a couple of live feeder fish in their water bowl. They'll go nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me