• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Updates

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Hey. I'm wondering how everyone else's baby B&Ws from last year are progressing, assuming everyone's awake for the Spring by now. I wanna know how mine's progressing in comparison. Pics would be great :)

Mine woke up about a month ago. After just a couple days of being awake he started eating a little. He'd eat a small mouse, act like he was full, and then sometimes skip eating the day after... but about a week ago is when his eating really started picking up. I gave him a mouse one day(i have a surplus of mice in my freezer.. think i overestimated how many i'd need this year.. so i've been feeding him mainly mice lately), and he still acted hungry, so i gave him some of the mealworms i still had left for my geckos.. and he still seemed to be looking for food, so i thawed him out another mouse. So, for the past week his diet has pretty much been two small mice a day(small adults, not pinkies).. think i'll need to start on 3 soon. And he's growing like a weed. Before he hibernated, he was just this little green dude who was pretty nervous about everything, and only wanted to eat a tiny bit at a time. Now, in just the month since he woke up he's a little glutton, it seems like he looks bigger every day i go in to feed him, and he's got a big personality. He's really starting to become more curious about things around him, but still gets nervous pretty easy. It's funny watching him try to integrate his new grown-up-tegu curiousity into his baby-tegu "i'malittleguy, i'mgonnagohidenow, pleasedon'teatme!" attitude. lol.
The only problem has been he's had a hard time shedding this time around. He started a couple weeks ago, and he still has some skin around the end up his tail and a few of his toes. It has been coming off, though, just slowly. And i'm already seeing the shed process starting on his head again, while his feet and tail still aren't completely done with the last one. He didn't have any problems before hibernation with shedding, though. He really DOESN'T like for me to try to help him rub the loose skin off. I've been pouring some water in there to try and help him, and picked up some of that shed-aid spray a few days ago that i've sprayed on his feet and tail twice now. Still has a little bit stuck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029