• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Wiggles tail!

nepoez

5 Year Member
I have a surveillance video on my colombian tegu named Awesome Chicken. I forgot to share this but this happened a few days ago, he actually wiggled his tail!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNHOxbhkhE[/video]

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
bfb345 said:
I've seen mine do it but never that much lol that's funny

Funny? Not really. It means they're irritated. I'm not surprised yours does it, Brenden.

Ripkabird98

TeguBuzz said:
bfb345 said:
I've seen mine do it but never that much lol that's funny

Funny? Not really. It means they're irritated. I'm not surprised yours does it, Brenden.

Interestingly enough- mine has never done it. Not even once. Hmm. A coincidence I wonder?

Just saying.

nepoez

5 Year Member
When I used to have collared lizards they would wiggle their tail when they see a prey and about to pounce on it... not sure what the tegu was doing it for because there were no prey to eat.. only seen it once i think

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Snake tail is usually one of the last shows of defense before they bite. At least from what I've seen. You were not present when this occurred, so your tegu may have just been irritated at the fact that he was trying to get to a higher point - from what I saw in the video - that may have irritated him, not sure.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nepoez said:
hahah that's interesting!

Actually.. Do you have any other pets? A dog or cat? If you do, one may have walked passed his enclosure and that could have caused him to snake tail, seems more plausible.

HeatherN

most reptiles i see do this are either trying to divert attention away from their heads as a defense mechanism, mimic rattle snakes (my milk and ball python do it when theyre mad or afraid), or as a warning-type-thing (again, defense mechanism). He could've seen (or thought he saw) something move in the back.

i wouldn't use the fact that someone's animal does this as evidence theyre bad keepers. nor would i use it as evidence someone is doing something right.

anyway, cute video. i always chuckle when i catch any animal doing it.

nepoez

5 Year Member
I have no dogs or cats and no one was around, just the remote camera. the plastic sheets help with padding because he leaps towards the wall and smacks against it continuously every few minutes and the wood is pretty hard. with plastic padding it cushions the impact a lot.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Our snow albino corn snake plays 'rattlesnake ' while eating. She is a riot. :) other tail wiggling...i was holding our bearded dragon on my lap outside. She was sunning herself and very content. Suddenly "the tail wiggle "...I'm thinking "she sees the large dragonflies buzzing around out here and wants to try to snag one, how cute." Instead... PLOP ... she lets a giant glob of poop go, all over my dress into my lap. I have never seen so much poop. Omg. Then she settled back down, enjoying her sunshine. Needless to say I brought her inside. I was not happy with her. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980