• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus and Tripodding

Levon

Tegus are very similar in their body structure to some monitor lizards in my opinion and i was wandering if anyone here has experienced seeing tegus tripodding. Josh said he has seen it happen in some videos before they start to climb.
I wanted to know if anyone has actual experience with their tegu or know anything about tripodding tegus.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ps: If you do know of a tripodding tegu please post some pictures.

Levon

Well tripoding is when they stand on their hind legs and support with their tail.
can you get some pics of it next time she does it?

Levon

She is very cute.
Try to get a pic of her tripoding im really curious if they do it or no, i think since a young one in that age would be more capable then an older one like mine, but ill give a try to holding food above mine as well maybe she will do it.

Derek Doel

My tegu does it when ever he is out of the cage. I have tried to get a picture but by time I unlock the phone he is back on all fours. I will try again for you to see

gavti

Both my blues do it, sometimes just to investigate, other times to jump on the sofa. Both about 3 .5 years old

Skeep

5 Year Member
Fluffy was sort of tripodding today, but I didn't have a camera ready. But instead of going straight up she went at weird angles to investigate things. Her tail is amazingly strong; she is able to hold herself in the air in all sorts of weird positions! Actually if I took a picture it would look like she was in mid jump instead of standing still like that :)

Levon

Fluffy was sort of tripodding today, but I didn't have a camera ready. But instead of going straight up she went at weird angles to investigate things. Her tail is amazingly strong; she is able to hold herself in the air in all sorts of weird positions! Actually if I took a picture it would look like she was in mid jump instead of standing still like that :)
if you could get a picture that would be great, now one has been able to get pictures so far.

Daniel.lizards

i dont have a tegu at the moment, but the one i had (who now lives with one of my friends) would half tripod, before lunging at the food. their back halves are all muscle/engine, and their front halves are all power and muscle.

(my savannah tripods all the time, but yeah, hes a monitor lol.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me