• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TeguTerra Cross's

Deac77

5 Year Member
They are charging 300-450$ for a black and white x red cross does this sound bout right in price are there any other breeders that breed this cross seems kinda high i could get a AA for that price but i want the peach color

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Reptile prices are based mainly on what people will pay if you think the price is too high, off what you think is fair. I have gotten some great deals by offering quite a bit under asking price and the breeder taking the offer.

I think underground reptiles does the same cross. Not sure what they charge. I would buy from tegu terra over underground though.

Deac77

5 Year Member
kk sounds awesome thanks for the advice it just seems kinda high to me

oh TeguBuzz i had a question the alligator you got...what kinda "pet" does it make just curious they are wild in some parts of tx and idk that they'd be very "sweet" lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think its a bit high but if people are going to pay that much.... I haven't followed their hybrids much, are they all supposed to maintain that peach color or does it vary? If thats what you're really wanting, I would say go for it. Hopefully your tegu will be with you for many years, you might as well go for the one you really want vs settling on something that's "ok".

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
oh TeguBuzz i had a question the alligator you got...what kinda "pet" does it make just curious they are wild in some parts of tx and idk that they'd be very "sweet" lol

My ranch is in west Texas, Sutton County. I've had Babe since 2001, but she was about 4 when I got her. So she's roughly 14 years, give or take. She's tame as can be, but I am pretty damn cautious with her. I can hand feed her with ni problem and I have no problems scratching her under her jaw. The only time she's ever been aggressive was when hogs got into her area and kept bugging her. We got rid of the hogs but she had an attitude for a few weeks. She's not what I'd call a pet but rather a wild animal that has accepted me and my family. She was wild caught for sure in La Salle, Louisiana, found in what the previous owner claimed was an abandoned nest. All I can say is I've never felt in jeopardy when around Babe, but then again, I only see her on occasion. I haven't seen her since October, and I go to my ranch as much as possible. She is definitely more tame then the croc monitor I use to have.

Deac77

5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
Deac77 said:

My ranch is in west Texas, Sutton County. I've had Babe since 2001, but she was about 4 when I got her. So she's roughly 14 years, give or take. She's tame as can be, but I am pretty damn cautious with her. I can hand feed her with ni problem and I have no problems scratching her under her jaw. The only time she's ever been aggressive was when hogs got into her area and kept bugging her. We got rid of the hogs but she had an attitude for a few weeks. She's not what I'd call a pet but rather a wild animal that has accepted me and my family. She was wild caught for sure in La Salle, Louisiana, found in what the previous owner claimed was an abandoned nest. All I can say is I've never felt in jeopardy when around Babe, but then again, I only see her on occasion. I haven't seen her since October, and I go to my ranch as much as possible. She is definitely more tame then the croc monitor I use to have.

thats cool i was always curious what people hoped to get out of pet gators lol ill stick with the bearded gu and argus monitor =P

Deac77

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Let's see some pics of your Argus.

haha not yet dont have it =P ive just decided thats next on the list after the gu (took 3 years to feel ready for a gu so dont hold your breath i research and research and then do a little more before i buy =P) when i get home i can show off the beardie tho (not near as impressive)

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are some nice looking peachy reads that do hold thier colors well. There is one adult/sub adult red and black cross forsale on kingsnake right now. I wouldnt recomend buying it becuase of its temperment.

Johnnydr

My '11 AA is about 20-22" now and his entire belly, tail, jowels, etc are peach colored and get more intense with each shed. Someone else said his '11 was getting colored up that way as well. As hybrids they are highly variable...so I wouldn't cross an AA off your list, but I am not seeing a "clean" peach on his dorsal side like I do with his belly....not sure if it's muddied out by the black or if the pigment just isn't on top. Food for thought.

HPIZZLE

my AA also has a lot more red traits than blue (besides teardrops) atm.
and the orange is very prominent on her as well.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I bred a b/w x red and I'll tell you that I did not get that for my tegus! Of course, I'm not a big breeder, either. I know one is a big red/chocolate hybrid; one is a large b/w w orange belly and red on top; one is b/w w orange belly, orange up legs and sides, yellow spots on top.

Deac77

5 Year Member
OK cool could you post some pics please so i have a better idea of what you mean if not its no biggie i think ive decided to start with a B&W

BillieJeAn

Underground was offering that cross for $150. They didn't have them advertised though, I just remember them offering me one when I was asking about their reds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus