• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

temps for teg???

All_American

5 Year Member
Well, the basking spot that the heat sorce touches should be at 105Ã?â??Ã?° and the cool end of the cage should be no lower than 75Ã?â??Ã?° at any time for long periods of time.

Be aware though, when I say that the hot side should be 105Ã?â??Ã?°. I don't mean that the air temps should be that hot. Don't want to miss lead you into thinking that is correct to do.

boost-boy74

5 Year Member
All_American said:
Well, the basking spot that the heat sorce touches should be at 105Ã?â??Ã?° and the cool end of the cage should be no lower than 75Ã?â??Ã?° at any time for long periods of time.

Be aware though, when I say that the hot side should be 105Ã?â??Ã?°. I don't mean that the air temps should be that hot. Don't want to miss lead you into thinking that is correct to do.

thanks - my cool end is 80f - and the basking end is 100f

so they are pretty good then, just worried why he wasn,t out and been eating

any ideas only had him a week little worried about him

regards si

All_American

5 Year Member
If you've only had him for a week. He needs time to settle in with out handling. Be sure to keep the humidity up in his cage as well.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you measuring the basking temp with? An infrared TempGun works best. Any kind of stand up or stick on thermometer will only tell you the air temp. If your air temp is 100 degrees your basking temp is probably much higher.

boost-boy74

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
What are you measuring the basking temp with? An infrared TempGun works best. Any kind of stand up or stick on thermometer will only tell you the air temp. If your air temp is 100 degrees your basking temp is probably much higher.

just using a stick on as a quide and that reads 100f

All_American said:
If you've only had him for a week. He needs time to settle in with out handling. Be sure to keep the humidity up in his cage as well.

ok - have not been near him just let him be.....thanks

how long does he need to settle in???

cheers si

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
boost-boy74 said:
DaveDragon said:

That is reading the ambient temp at what ever height it is stuck at. You need to measure the actual basking temp, which is probably much higher.

boost-boy74

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
boost-boy74 said:
DaveDragon said:

That is reading the ambient temp at what ever height it is stuck at. You need to measure the actual basking temp, which is probably much higher.

thanks will get a temp gun what should the basking temp be???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me