• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thank you Tegutalk. I finally got a baby

Jaredp

After moving to a bigger place and getting the girlfriends permission (we also have 4 snakes) AND getting a promotion at work.... I'm happy to say, This is my new buddy Littlefoot the Hybrid RedxBlack and White Argentine Tegu.
image.jpg

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who participates in this website. For three years I have been researching, planning, and learning about these amazing animals and finally my dreams became reality.
image.jpg

image.jpg

This is his 6x2x2 enclosure I got for a great deal from a rescue who was downsizing, it's a cages by design enclosure.
image.jpg

He is already doing great! So far he is eating groundturkey, eggs, pinkies, and chicken livers. He likes to bask on me after he eats :)
I learned everything I needed and wanted to know about keeping these animals from Tegutalk and I'm very excited for my first post on here! Seriously 3 years of preparing and researching, food, humidity, temps, taming, even what kind of temp gun I should get! Everything for the most part I learned from Tegutalk. I Will post updates soon, but again thank you everyone who has experience with these animals and were willing to share their experiences, you make dreams come true.
Jared

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats, Jared. Littlefoot and his home look great. For picks and grins, measure his body length now and again at say 3 or 6 mo. Even his pattern will change.

Jaredp

Thank you so much Jessicak,
I actually did not plan to get a hybrid but it just ended up working out that way, and it actually was a blessing in disguise cause I couldn't choose between the black and whites and the Reds!
image.jpg

image.jpg

And Walter, from my "so so" measuring skills he is about 12 inches long and weighs 77 grams.
Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me