• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thanksgiving Feast

XxSyFeRxX

5 Year Member
question..i found this bag of meats in my turkey (heart, liver, gizzard). is this ok to feed raw to my Argentine Black and White???..Would like for her/him to get a little turkey since the rest of the family will.. just loves to eat everything in its path :drool ..And Happy Holidays to all

Meg90

5 Year Member
I think that would be fine! They can have chicken heart, and beef liver, so I don't see why not. I am not sue about the gizzard though...might want to double check before you feed it!

thestem07

5 Year Member
I would say you would be fine with the gizzards as long as you clean them off really good, and skin them, so there is just the red meat. (gizzards have a thick layer of "skin" kinda like a tendons, but on the entire inside). The gizzard, with the aid of pebbles swallowed by the bird, grinds the grains and food up, like our teeth do. No real digestion or fluid is present in the gizzard. When you cut open a fresh one all you have is rocks and crushed grains. The only reason I say "skin" it is because I am not sure if the "skin can be properly digested.
As far as getting it from a turkey you purchased from a store, it will most likely be empty, and probably pre-skinned.
I know my tegu loves chicken gizzards.
I would also check out this list.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353</a><!-- l -->

XxSyFeRxX

5 Year Member
thanks guys and gals for the quick replys. time to deal with the family :blblbl. enjoy the holidays :cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me