• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The next best thing...

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got the next best thing to a Tegu...

... I got a tracking number for the two Tegus that are on their way to my house!! Yea!!!

I'm 33 years old and have had a wide variety of pets in my day... but for some reason I've just been gitty about getting my Tegus...

...I'll be sure to show pics of them when they get here... I'm also finishing up their 4x2x2 enclosure this week and I'll post pics of it too. I'm real happy with it so far...

Thanks Bobby!!!

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Wooo!

Yeah, i know how you feel! I just got my tracking number too. And, i've gotta say, I've never done business with anyone online that was as great about making sure everyone knows what's going on as Bobby. Calling people on the phone to give them tracking numbers and all. Thanks man!(and, yes. if you're reading this, i know that i sound extremely awkward talking on the phone!)

I'm probably going to be checking the tracking thing to see if there's any updates on where my tegu is every couple hours now, ha. He said it probably won't be here until Wednesday, though, because i live in a rural area.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
My new Extreme baby should be arriving on Wednesday, also. I'm pretty stoked about it. This will be the first baby tegu for me in about 9 years. WOO HOO!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had a Dwarf Tegu aboutÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ 18 years agoÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ damn IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ve gotten oldÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

ButÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ in about 15 minutes IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ll have two baby Black & Whites from BobbyÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ The post office just called to let me know itÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s there. Bobby had it held at the post office so they didnÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t have to spend half a day riding in the back of a hot truckÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ll have pictures in a hour or two!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Both Tegus were active and (apparently) healthy upon arrival. Close inspection found no defects (no bad toes, straight spine/tail, all joints appear to bend properly, no odd shaped scales). Each of these lizards are obviously from a solid pair. You rock Bobby ;)

IMG_0625.jpg

They were purchased as a male and a female from different parents. I do not plan on breeding them, but I do like the idea of having the option. Which also means IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ll be ensuring them a proper hibernation (which IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ll be asking a lot of questions about in a few months).

I am calling the larger of the two Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??himÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

jor71

5 Year Member
That is awesome, they are truly beautiful. Do you have a top for the tub? I was wondering if they could climb out of it.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tub is 16" tall and they haven't gotten out yet :p

I'll only have them in this enclosure for a week or so. Within a couple months I would expect the risk to be too high, but for now I feel safe...

I'm sitting with a buddy who had a 13" Columbian Tegu climb out of a 75 gal aquarium (21" tall, but with 6" substrate).

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They both at Turkey shortly after I posted lastÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Later they went for a short swim in a 30 gal aquarium. There were slate structures they could stand where the water is only an inch deep. The bigger one felt more comfortable being in the water but the female spent most of her time looking for a way out. Both were very agile and effective swimmers.

After a very long day they cuddled together in a little dug out under the slateÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ they are just so darn adorable!

IMG_0641.jpg

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Mine isn't getting here until tomorrow.. I can hardly wait! Yours are so cute!

Have they been calm enough to take out today, or are they still a little weirded out from the whole moving experience?

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I handled mine a TON todayÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

I picked them up from the post office around 10amÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ had one of them on me or my hands in their enclosure through most of the afternoon.

When I pick them up I do not wrap my fingers around themÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ and when I Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¹Ã?â?¦Ã¢â?¬Å?holdÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢ them I simply let them stand/walk on me. After about 2 hours of actual handling each, neither of them has ran/jumped off of me yet. Nor do they run from me when I reach to pick them up. IÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢m being calm and steady around them, but not necessarily Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??slowÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am currently keeping my hatchlings in a 30Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

dorton

5 Year Member
I'm glad you're happy with them. I remember the pics of your fish room when you first came here. I think its cool you're using fish for food too, mine have always leved any kind of fish.
Bobby is definately a cool dude, but don't tell him I said that. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980