• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The one who lives with me

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Picture004.jpg
phonepics020.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Copyofphonepics020.jpg

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't see anything to compare him to to determine his/her approximate size. How big is your tegu?

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I would say he's about 6 inches from nose to base of tail (maybe less) and weights around 1/3 of a pound maybe more. I never could guess weight by feel so.... I will try putting him into a small box then weigh him as he won't sit still nor stick around long. He likes to do his own thing so I let him be. I've let him run loose in my apt but not often as there are dangers. The tray he is next to is a small paint try. I like to use those with small critters for the first lil bit. The tray is nice because it has a somewhat of a ramp and a nice deep end hat he can't get in trouble in. Aswell the trays aren't that easy to flip. But if he wanted to he could. Heck he carries his cave around sometimes. I've seen him push it here and there from inside the cave. Funny stuff. I thought it was a Tegu but seems to be a hermit crab at times lol. I can't get over how inteligent he is. I have a natural look waterdish that has replaced the tray now. It's a ZooMed corner dish that will become just his drinking water after I can make him a viv. Anyone got a fully self-sustaining viv I would love to hear about it. Tegu viv only please I saw many nice frog habitats but that's all I've ever seen. I plan to make a whole room in my apt into a breakdown viv that can be pulled if I want to move. Thanks for checking out my thread btw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan