• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The tegus are waking up!

nat

5 Year Member
My female woke up today! So stoked! Pics a little later unfortunately but I needed to share the excitement. I am actually double excited because I was hoping to have her pen built by the time she woke up but this didn't happen due to a health issue that arose suddenly these past couple of weeks... so I was rather stressed about what to do with her once she woke up. A friend of mine called me the other day and just happened to have a 6 by 3 wooden, water sealed pen that they were using as an indoor pond for their RES and could I use it for anything ?? you bet I could! SO I have a temp pen now and my tegu is awake and I am happy and all is well with the world :)

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I dont let my tegu hibernate, he just sleeps alot during the day and comes out in the afternoon to hunt for food.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, mine isn't going to be shipped here until the weather across the shipping route (Florida to southern Cali.) gets a little warmer; the shipper is planning on shipping her on tuesday. From what I understand, she is still in hibernation, but I doubt that she will remain so for long once I get her here, because the temps are fairly warm.
So yeah, "my" tegu is still asleep :p

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine started to wake up, but now the lows dropped back down in the 30s the last two days. :roll:

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aww that's a real downer!
The seller can't ship my tegu due to the cold weather over there (we are concerned she will get too cold during shipping.)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know, the wait is sometimes a killer!! :roll: Well, you will get it soon enough, better to be safe than sorry. :)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine are sleeping....and will still be sleeping for the next month or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus