• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TheTegu.com

Khoilie

txrepgirl said:
Khoilie. First I would like to say I'm sorry for it being so hard to because a member on TheTegu forum. It not used to be so hard. But since we had alot of spam on there Rick the previous owner put a higher security on there. This is why new members had a harder time to register. Since he was the only one ( until he made Laura and I Amins ) who could except a new member it took a little longer for him to go through all the new members info. Then he made Laura and I Admin. We could then preview the informations ( IP address, legit email address, look up if the member was banned on another forum...... ). If everything was good to go we registered that new member. This kept the spam down.
But when the forum is back up we ( my boyfriend and I ) are going to figure out how to make it easier for new members to register and still keep the spam down.

oh, no need to apologize lol. I would just recommend that if you have the admin man power, to make the account creation process the same as TeguTalk. If you get any spammers or trouble people, just erase there threads/posts and ban them. I could only imagine how many potential quality members or new pet owners in need of help TheTegu.com lost out on because of the way that was set up.

I think having 2 sites will be pretty cool though. Im looking forward to see how it all comes together. Maybe one site could be more focused to Canada, and the other to the United States since there are alot of differences in the care and could help the classifieds out, as well as bring some canadian breeders and stores out of hiding haha. I know alot of Canadians dont even bother with classifieds here because everything is american lol... i duno, just an idea

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Then when Rick made me admin, I still didn't have the authorization to add new members (I don't know if you knew that, Sam). It was a mess, but there was SO much spam! There has been spam on this site, too.

You guys in Canada need to get a forum going if it is that specific. But for the record, we have quite a few members on thetegu who are in Canada.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Glad to hear it's now yours Sam. I, like Khoilie, registered back in November or October on thetegu.com and never got a response or acceptance back, lol. It's no problem though, I just wanted to be active on both forums. I hope it all works out in the end, and I wish you all the best luck with it.

Side note/question, why is it that Johnny LaRocca is banned from tegu talk? I understand him and Bobby had their differences, but now that TT is owned by Josh, couldn't that ban be lifted? He's got some quality information stored in his mind.

Khoilie

laurarfl said:
Then when Rick made me admin, I still didn't have the authorization to add new members (I don't know if you knew that, Sam). It was a mess, but there was SO much spam! There has been spam on this site, too.

You guys in Canada need to get a forum going if it is that specific. But for the record, we have quite a few members on thetegu who are in Canada.

well its not thaaaaat specific. there just are some differences. maybe devoting one site specifically to Canada would be a bit much lol. What would be cool is a Canada specific classified section. I'm sure all of us Canucks would like to see that happen lol

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Laura. That is strange ( I didn't know that ). When Rick made you Admin did he ever gave you the info to log into the Vbulletin ? This is where I had to go to register someone. It took me a while to figure it all out. As a Vice Admin I didn't had the power to do that.

TeguBuzz. Thank you :) . Back then just Rick had the power to register someone. I just got that power about a month ago. Don't worry. I'm going to make things as easy as possible as I can for the members to use the forum.

Khoilie. Before it was so hard for new members to register there was a time we got alot of spam. Rick was on the forum just every now and then. It was just Angelrose and I who could ban members and delet the posts. We had to be on there alot each day. It got to much for us. So Rick made Laura a Admin, too, so she could have that power, too. So one day when it got out of control Rick came up with reviewing new members and then approve them. It helped alot with not having all that spam.
We have a suggestion are on our forum. Please remind me about the Canada Classifieds. I'm going to do some reasearch and create a thread on Canada Classifieds, and Germany in the Calssified section ;) .

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz, I am not aware of any ban on Johnny specifically. All bans should've been lifted when we transferred over to the new site software last year. If you are in contact with Johnny, tell him to email me so we can figure it out. Thanks!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No worries ladies. I was just gonna say I wonder how many TheTegu members have joined TeguTalk since the downtime... Of course, everyone is welcome here! :)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Josh said:
TeguBuzz, I am not aware of any ban on Johnny specifically. All bans should've been lifted when we transferred over to the new site software last year. If you are in contact with Johnny, tell him to email me so we can figure it out. Thanks!

Will do, I'll pass the info along.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Just would like to say that we do NOT need any more donations :) . We reached out goal. Thank you so much to RamblinRose, Laura and HernandosMom for your donations. It was alot of help. I also want to thank Dana and others who wanted to make a donation. May all the blessings that you brought to me come back to you.

Thank you Josh for all your help ;) , too.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Woohoo Rose :). I'm so excited. I don't know what I would of done without Rick's help and your alls donations. I feel VERY blessed.

Dana. I just typed in the " thetegu.com " google search bar and the forum came up.

Riplee. Thank you :) . I just got home from work. But I'm going to try to make things easier for new members to register so they can post right away.

Thank you Josh for letting us talk about the TheTegu on your forum. That is very nice of you ;) . You are very welcomed on TheTegu forum, too :) .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214