• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Think he is down?

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. I know that I have not been on here much as I have been busy.

Angus is doing well and he has not come out at all in the last two days. I think he is finaly down for the winter. He had not gotten a good meal in 5or 6 days since the day that he started to sleep. My question is, did he have enough to eat then? He always has had a massive tail base. Thanks in advance!

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
It turns out he isn't asleep. Does anyone know why he hasnt gone yet? His lights are on for 6 hours a day I feed him every three days and he just wont go. Is it too late for hibernation? Is there an important detail I'm leaving out?

wyattroa

5 Year Member
mine is playing the same game yours is. She came out and i interacted with her on tuesday and fed her. Then she went back in the same day and has not been out since. I also gave her a soak that day too. They have a mind of there own. Right now my lights are on from 7am to about noon. The days she feels like coming out she is out at 7am and back in around 10..lol
robert

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
That is exactly the pattern of Angus. Only he wake up around 6. I really want him to hibernate and be a normal tegu. lol

wyattroa

5 Year Member
yeah the thing is when they go down they go down. I have even just decided to turn the lights off on my cage for a couple days.. but she kept coming out those days and sitting on her rock so i felt bad.. but then i turn the light back on and she goes in..lol.. crazy gu...as of now her tail is fat..she did not eat much her last meal..I also noticed only the fat part of her tail was in shed. Im going to stop the feedings now and cut my lights back even more. I will have the lights on from 7-10 for the next week and then cut them back another out the following week. I have not seen her since tuesday. My wife goes in her room every morning to iron and has not seen her either..lol..
robert

wyattroa

5 Year Member
im also going to be turning off his basking light and just letting him have his UVB light on which is a mega ray
robert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980