• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking about getting me a Tegu

povmichael123

5 Year Member
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you guys or gals can help me decide which Tegu is right for me. I have been thinking about either the Colombian B&W or the Argentine Tegu. I would just like to know which one is the most calm and easiest to tame and just the pros and cons of each one. Also some of the eating habits like how often and all of that good stuff. Thank you so much!

-Michael

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Hands down the Argentines would be your best bet. Now their are Red ones Blue ones and Black and white ones. I would say Black and white or Red. The Reds really catch my eye. The Black and white get the largest. Beside the Extremes that Bobby breeds. Feeding is covered in a care sheet on this site. It's what most go by. No sense typing it out.Just go to the home page and read it. Bobby has covered the care of them very well. Columbian Tegus are cheaper . They are smaller and tend to be more aggressive. They also tend to be complete carnivores where Argentines tend to eat more plant matter once they reach adult size. There are several Columbian owners on the site. Most have had a good experience with the. I myself wouldn't take the risk. The main reason is that Columbians are all wild caught mostly. Argentines are bred in the US and Bobby is a very good person to buy from.
Hands down the Argentines are the way to go. I hope this helps.

povmichael123

5 Year Member
I have decided on the Argentine. Now how much smaller do the reds get than the B&W? Now the next step is to find me a breeder who has some left i suppose! And I just looked at the caresheets thank you so much for the info.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Not all that much. They get pretty big too. It's a matter of inches and a pound or 2 in difference. Not enough to really count. The reds are stunning in color. But the Black and white just seem more impressive looking to me. Your welcome for the info. I'm not sure what Bob has left. You might try Kingsnake.com .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me