• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking about the future

COWHER

5 Year Member
:crazy :crazy Something like this :crazy :crazy

gianttegu.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
haha, that's a funny picture, but also I think before they do that, komodo dragons will be available in most local petshops, therfore there wont be a need to make tegus that big. The problem they have now is that they are extremely hard to breed in captivity, and theres only 5000 in the world, or 500? its a low low number and I want one, or two :)

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
3000 in the world left and recently a California Zoo finally hatched a few BEAUTIFUL healthy babies. I don't think komodensis will hit the market soon... They can eat 70% of their body weight, and unfortunately whole adult goats are kinda expensive. That and the cheapest beef you can get for 5 bucks a pound isn't really cheap, when you gotta buy 30-40lbs to feed the friggin' dinosaur that roams your backyard. They are simply amazing though. Beautiful...

snakehandler

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
3000 in the world left and recently a California Zoo finally hatched a few BEAUTIFUL healthy babies. I don't think komodensis will hit the market soon... They can eat 70% of their body weight, and unfortunately whole adult goats are kinda expensive. That and the cheapest beef you can get for 5 bucks a pound isn't really cheap, when you gotta buy 30-40lbs to feed the friggin' dinosaur that roams your backyard. They are simply amazing though. Beautiful...

they will eat your kids too.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
ApriliaRufo said:

they will eat your kids too.

Kids? Oh that's right, you're not from here. We have these things called condoms here. VERY cool invention. :lol5 :lol5 :lol5

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:

Yeah i saw the video of them hatching the dragon eggs. And the concept of my own dinosaur roaming around my back yard is very enticing, however if I didn't have a car payment, I could afford one, the only problem is a car note is typically 6 years, these aparently live to be thirty, thats (rough calculations) at $40 a goat, (and thats low) from when it gets to be an adult which is about, ill give it 4years it would cost (and this is low with two goats a week) $108,160 to feed it for 26 years as an adult hahaha. SOLD is what I say, cause I would much rather have a Dragon than a <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED-CARFAX-6-DISC-NAVIG-R-SENSORS-NON-SMOKER-LOOK_W0QQitemZ300191688941QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300191688941">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED- ... 0191688941</a><!-- m --> and still have some money left over for a sweet tv. lol

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
ApriliaRufo said:

Yeah i saw the video of them hatching the dragon eggs. And the concept of my own dinosaur roaming around my back yard is very enticing, however if I didn't have a car payment, I could afford one, the only problem is a car note is typically 6 years, these aparently live to be thirty, thats (rough calculations) at $40 a goat, (and thats low) from when it gets to be an adult which is about, ill give it 4years it would cost (and this is low with two goats a week) $108,160 to feed it for 26 years as an adult hahaha. SOLD is what I say, cause I would much rather have a Dragon than a <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED-CARFAX-6-DISC-NAVIG-R-SENSORS-NON-SMOKER-LOOK_W0QQitemZ300191688941QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300191688941">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-SPEED- ... 0191688941</a><!-- m --> and still have some money left over for a sweet tv. lol

LOL! Damn straight! I like Martins but to own a komodo? That's just priceless... It really would be. Ugh, if I had three herp dream animals it would be a Komodo, a Tuatara, and (don't laugh... I'm poor) a piebald Ball Python.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan