• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking of adopting my first Tegu...

AneesasMuse

5 Year Member
Hi folks! My name is Aminah... I do a little bit of rescue, rehab and hospice for various reptiles, "bugs" and small exotics ...and it has led to my somewhat small'ish ZOO! :lol:

A short list.. Snakes, desert dwelling lizards, a chameleon, several geckos, a very large frog, a tortie, hermit crabs, a few ratties, LOTS of tarantulas, some roach colonies, and aquatics.. fish, shrimp, live plants, etc.

Now, I am seriously thinking of adding a 5 y.o. male B/W Argentine Tegu to the Zoo. He has MBD pretty severely, apparently, and needs "special care" for the rest of his life.... feeding assistance, extra supplements, and so on. I've been researching Tegus for about a year now, and had planned to get a pair of young females from one of the breeders... but things changed and my plan got set back.. so I let it go for a bit and then came across this fella. I'll start another thread for the specific questions that I have... although, I've done quite a bit of reading on here already and feel pretty confident with what I've found.

So.. that's me. I have pics of all my critters, if anyone is interested. I look forward to getting acquainted and seeing/reading all about your Tegus and other beasts. :-D

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Hey, are you adopting the one from NorCalHerpSociety? His back legs are inept and he must be handfed but he is a sweety. It would be great if you did. That HerpSociety SUCKS and the tegu could really use good husbandry.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey...any and all pics are always welcome. So lets see em!
2003692706961098449_rs.jpg

playlboi

5 Year Member
welcome to the tegu talk. and might i add that it is admirable of you to adopt a tegu in such condition and care for it. good luck with it!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad to have you join us!! :)

I hope you enjoy your new tegu, if you need some help, feel free to ask.

AneesasMuse

5 Year Member
Thanks, Everyone! :D

I just received a little more news and info about the rescue guy. I won't be able to visit and meet him until this coming weekend... hopefully... due to the drive and the timing.

I guess I'll go post my other questions in the appropriate section now...

Thanks again!

snakehandler

5 Year Member
He'll need a lot of care and appropriate uva and vitamins.
the question is, if he doesnt recover should he be alive and suffering for the rest of his life?

AneesasMuse

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
You didn't answer my question....

I didn't answer it on purpose. I didn't come here to "call anyone out" or "bad mouth" anyone and I am purposely refraining from saying where the Tegu is coming from. It is a matter of liability for myself, as well as, the owner(s) of this forum; and a matter of giving respect as I would hope to receive it in return.

I came here for information and communication with fellow hobbyists, whether Tegus or otherwise.

I apologize if I have disappointed you.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Hey Aminah! I know you from a crestie forum. I'm ReptileChick there. Good seeing you here. Good luck with the rescue. You'll do great.

angelrose

5 Year Member
:-D HI AND WELCOME ANEESASMUSE :-D
thank God for people like you trying to help him 8)
I know you from somewhere else, good to see ya.
you can find respect here
I really hope all goes well with him and update ;)

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
It's great that you're adopting, but it seems like you already have a lot of pets. Do you have enough time for a disabled lizard?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980