• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

this would be really helpful.

kurtle55

5 Year Member
i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to hold in heat and humidity with a 6X3X3 enclosure? pics would also be nice

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
pics of your cage would also help, or more detail, do you have a screen/mesh top on it? or is it wood? Is the hatch or door to the cage on the front or the top? what is your substrate? If your hatch or door is on the top of the cage, or if you have a screen/mesh top, id recommend putting alluminum foil on the top of the cage, this also helps trap heat in, it will allow the water you spray to evaporate up onto the foil and go nowhere, just leave a whole for your light and breathing. As for substrate, my mixture i use works very well, i use cypress mulch, with eco earth aka coconut dirt mixed in with it...i just put it in a bucket and add water and mix it around than poor it in the cage, every few days ill turn the substrate with water added...keeps my cage above 75% always. Davedragon has his doors on the front of his cage and I think he said he added some glass in there over his screen but im not sure, hopefully he will read this and answer that for you, again depending on where the opening to your cage is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan