• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Time to acclimate?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok, I have a new B&W Argy coming in soon. She is an adult female.
What do I need to do in the way of acclimating her to her new life with me? She is used to being handled on a daily basis. Can I handle her at all on the first day? If not, how long should I wait? Should I put her back into hibernation; I believe she was just about coming out of hibernation with her previous owner...about half way out of hibernation. Do I offer her food right away? If not, how long should I wait?

What I am trying to say is, I would appreciate any information reguarding acclimating my new girl.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can offer here a meal, and let her settle in for a few days before trying to handle her, I think she is going to be a bit stressed for the shipping to start with. But she should be fine after a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus