• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

To catch a scam.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is an idea I had to better our hobby, it is a way to catch a few of the ones that misrepresent animals in ads. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Start at post # 20.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101854">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... p?t=101854</a><!-- m -->

It was a trap set to catch someone misrepresenting the animal. They have also been caught before, however they seem to continue in those actions. The right questions were asked and the wrong answers were given for the questions. This can be done about many questionable ads. If you question the ad, then ask the questions needed to see if they are going to be legit in the answers, you can even tell them the truth to see what reaction they will have. If you find them to be less than honest, then post it on the BOI, this will help clean up some of the trash ads flooding our market. Remember this, if contacting them and your name is known well, then have someone else contact them, or use a name not known as well. Yes, it is a trap.

This is not new, but it does work.

nat

5 Year Member
Bobby, everytime I click on the link it just brings me to the fauna homepage. I even made sure I was logged in. What thread are you referencing?

by the way, I have been watching fauna since I was 16 (god, almost 10 years ago!) and have really admired your contribution to keeping the reptile industry as clean as possible from some of the scum floating around out there!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am sorry Nat, I fixed the link, it works now. And thanks for the kind words, I really do my best. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980