• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Too early for brumation?

SamBobCat

My baby hasn't been growing recently, and he has been sleeping a ton. He doesn't eat much anymore and when he does, it's very little. His temps could be more constant but the majority of the time they're just fine, and when they aren't perfect, they're only a few degrees off. Could it be possible he is starting brumation too early? He isn't getting any skinnier, I've been watching him over the past week or more. He stays nice and plump even without eating. Is he going down?

My Baby columbian started brumating too around that time. Wouldn't even come out, luckily he is done and enjoying everything in life but me lol. It's fine they are brumating

Vayjining22

Alot had changed in three weeks.

Mine is doing the same thing. Used to stay out all day. Now comes out for about 1-2hrs maybe two to three times a day. But has been mostly hanging out in his hide, not sleeping all the time.... But he's Definately hanging out in there ALOT.

We were just starting to get used to each other :(

He's still eating well, but should I cut back?

sage

I just got mine a few days ago she's only a month old but seems to be spending a lot of time in her hut when I take her out she eats well and is very friendly

SamBobCat

Yes usually babies do too. Mine isn't going down a ton anymore. I think I had my temps too high for s but and he didn't like it. He's now been eating every day and growing a ton

sage

What can I do to keep her from hibernating. I heard some people do I would just enjoy having her for more than 6months a year

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980