• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Too fat?

Pony

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I was just wondering what the correct weight of a 1.5yr old red male should be? He's about 2.5-3ft long but not really as wide with huge jowls. I will post a photo of him tomorrow but can anyone give me a roundabout answer? I really really seem to find much except they get obese easily.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pony said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering what the correct weight of a 1.5yr old red male should be? He's about 2.5-3ft long but not really as wide with huge jowls. I will post a photo of him tomorrow but can anyone give me a roundabout answer? I really really seem to find much except they get obese easily.

Well I think the obese thing comes in when people try to compare monitors to tegus, they are not the same animals and tegus have much more bulk than monitors. Monitors are more lean and cannot be compared to tegus. My tegus hibernate each season and are fed all they care to eat. I have also never heard of a tegu that had any health problems from being obese. I have many times with monitors, but never in tegus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan