• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Took my new tegu to the Vet!

Hanna

So from the last post, I took my tegu to the vet to make sure he was okay and the doctor told me he was in perfect health and weighs 66 grams but needs to be switched to a different diet which I already know he needs to be eating more than just calcium scrambled eggs but that is the only thing he will eat. They told me to go a few days without feeding him and then try something else so I did and I tried raw meat, meal worms, crickets, turkey, ham, and fruit. Out of all of that he only ate some of the fruit so I made him some eggs and of course he ate that.

I guess he just needs time. I told the vet all his levels for his tank and they said he should be eating like a champ! I hope he comes around soon. Is anyone else having these problems?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Healthy is good! Picky is a PIA.Have you thought of maybe mixing his favorite scrambled eggs with say a little mashed banana or grapes and some other animal protein like a little ground turkey, so that it starts out at 75% eggs, then slowly shift the percent eggs down?? Keep us posted, please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me