• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Trust Building Question

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Guys,
So I just got my new Tegu and I want to do everything I can to build trust with him. I also went to feed him outside his cage to help reduce cage agression. So, being that he is a little skittish how can I go about taking him out of his cage everyday to feed/play with him? If it was just to play I would give him more time but I do want to start feeding him in another cage. So how can I do this without breaking the trust building?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let me explain, I am not saying do not handle him, you can handle him, just be very slow, and reach under him to move him to the feeding bin.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah that is what I have been doing. Just trying to take baby steps. Thanks for verifying!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980