• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tuna?

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I have looked at the list of foods; however, it does not have tuna listed. Is it not good to feed tegus tuna? He doesn't seem to like anything I give him right now so i'm trying a variety of things, cheaper foods at the moment until I find something he eats quickly.

So far I have given him:
Ground Turkey
Hard Boiled Egg
Chicken Chunks
Grapes
Pineapple
Pinkies

So far he has taken a bite or two out of the turkey, ate one small chunk of chicken, and 1/4 of the egg (all in different feedings of course). The only thing he seems to love eating are pinkies.

Anthony

5 Year Member
mines doing same thing if u think about it a few bites of turkey is a lot for a tegu that small think of it in comparison to us if i ate a peice of chicken the size of my hand id be full.... my tegu has been eating then walks around a bit then takes a few more bites then walks...

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I suppose that makes sense, I mean he looks completely healthy...maybe even a little fat.

On a possitive note, he is starting to let me pick him up more often without going crazy...he is huffing at me a lot less now. He still doesn't come out as often as I would like but I will wait until i'm done building his 7x3x3 before I worry about that (painting it at the moment).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980