• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Twitching

Keith_w

5 Year Member
I noticed that my little b&w was twitching this morning. After reading some other posts and checking my light, I realized that my basking light didnt produce UVB. I went and bought a new UVB buld and fixture so that he will be getting the proper light. I also have been dusting his food with zoo meds reptivite ever few meals. He has been eating tons of crickets and turkey, and he is very relaxed when I handle him. Is there anything else I should be doing to help him out.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Sounds like all you can do for now. I mean you kinda let it go pretty far before your fixing it, but I guess you wouldn't know anything was wrong until he starts twitching. Just keep an eye on it and maybee monday call a reptile vet and ask them if theres any other thing you can do.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You should dust his food with calcium every day, vitamins twice a week. You don't want to risk overdosing on any vitamins. Too much can be worse than too little.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Make sure you dust everything with calcium. He's probably still very low.

I hate to say it Dave, but I disagree I would not dust too much; you need to give rodents instead of the dusting. Also if you do use the dust, do not give him much if there is added D3 in it.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, D3 bad! Since he's been feeding him crickets & turkey he needs to add calcium. Of course, rodent bring their own calcium. I did forget to mention to add rodents to the mix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me