• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Two links to wild Blue tegus.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A couple links to blues in the wild, one is in central Argentina in Buenos Aires and the other is in Brazil, this along with the pictures taken from French Guana means these animals must have a pretty wide range in South America:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.diagnostico.org.br/especies/especie.2006-06-29.5911851890/foto2_photo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.diagnostico.org.br/especies/ ... oto2_photo</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.laurdimbre.com.ar/reserva/main-vidaanimal.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.laurdimbre.com.ar/reserva/ma ... animal.php</a><!-- m -->

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All of the Tupinambis species are on the cites list, they are citesII and they do not allow wild caught Tupinambis to be exported/imported, all we can get is the farmed junk that is raised down there.

It won't be long and you will see the parasite ridden babies for sale all over the ads on KS.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Hm so the black and white isn't in this part? That explains why theirs only like a few bloodlines in blues.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is probably only ONE bloodline for the Blues. Fortunately the current hatchlings are only 2 generations out of the wild.

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
Thats hard to say Dave. From what I understand Ron st Pierrie would be the guy who started the whole blue tegu thing in north america and getting a reply from him so far has not met with any success.

I know my blues came across border about 4 years ago and changed hands 3 times in Canada to get to me... no wonder they hate people.

Of the storied original 9 blues that came to the states nobody knows or will share the information on if they are wild or farmed so we could have a few lines intermingling still.........just no proof to add to that hope.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LouDog760 said:
So, Dave. Are you the only one that has CBB babys?
I was told by another breeder that he knows of 5 clutches born last year. There can't be many breeding pairs out there. They don't always produce eggs and they're not always fertile. He told me about a guy who has 4 breeding pairs and didn't get one egg last year!! I feel very fortunate to have succeeded due to Bobby's (Varnyard) help.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is no one breeding blues in South America that I know of. And all of the imports I have seen for sale over the years look pretty poor, even for Argentines. You will see ads in a month or so all over the net; there will be claims that they are CBs. But the fact is they are imports, and from the past history will be full of parasites. I talked with the largest breeder in Argentina about them being full of parasites on more than one occasion; he told me flat out he did not care as long as they are alive when they are imported. I just cannot understand why he will not treat them; I guess he just looks at it as a loss in his profits if he did. :(

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
LouDog760 said:
I was told by another breeder that he knows of 5 clutches born last year. There can't be many breeding pairs out there. They don't always produce eggs and they're not always fertile. He told me about a guy who has 4 breeding pairs and didn't get one egg last year!! I feel very fortunate to have succeeded due to Bobby's (Varnyard) help.

I was more than glad to help you Dave, and I bet it feels good when you know all of your hard work paid off with all them awesome babies. :)

LouDog760

5 Year Member
That's cool, Dave your one of the people out there that has some. Bobby but isn't true even if a tegu has parasites it can be cured?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LouDog760 said:
That's cool, Dave your one of the people out there that has some. Bobby but isn't true even if a tegu has parasites it can be cured?

Yes they can be treated, but when the ads start popping up for $79.00 tegus, and you add shipping and the vet bill for the treatment, is it still a great deal?

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
My female has started to get really wide in the gut Bobby.... maybe there will be some Canadian action this year...

Maybe the meetings last year sparked something inside of her eh hahaha

I am praying at least.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaremoAlpha said:
My female has started to get really wide in the gut Bobby.... maybe there will be some Canadian action this year...

Maybe the meetings last year sparked something inside of her eh hahaha

I am praying at least.

Too cool bro!! I hope they make some pretty babies for you!!

Also I will be in MI the weekend of the 21st in February, thats on Saturday, you need to come down and hear me speak, I will be the guest speaker on tegus. Let me know if you can make it, I would really like to meet anyone that can come. We will be posting about it soon.

I have also been invited that same weekend on Sunday night to be the host on the public chat on KingSnake.com, this will be the 22nd at 10pm EST. Everyone feel free to join me there as well, I will be answering questions on tegus.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
LouDog760 said:

Yes they can be treated, but when the ads start popping up for $79.00 tegus, and you add shipping and the vet bill for the treatment, is it still a great deal?

True, but the question is. Would it be worth it for a new bloodline?
lol

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LouDog760 said:
VARNYARD said:
LouDog760 said:

True, but the question is. Would it be worth it for a new bloodline?
lol
For the Blues, absolutely! New blood would be great! But unlikely. I doubt they have any Blue Tegu's at the Tegu farms in Argentina.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All they are breeding is the Black and Whites and Reds that I know of. The BnWs tend to be dark and small, that is something I really don't care to breed.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
DaveDragon said:
LouDog760 said:

I was more than glad to help you Dave, and I bet it feels good when you know all of your hard work paid off with all them awesome babies. :)

I'm glad that Dave had awesome babies too because my Lucky is pretty cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me