• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Type of Tegu?

Aquai

5 Year Member
This tegu has appeared for sale near me and i'm wondering if it's a blue and am pretty sure it is? It's listed as a B/W but is that large black bar not a common indicator of a blue?

13022009207-1.jpg

What else should i be looking for? I know the blue's are more white and contrasty, but it's a young specimen.

It's only just down the road for me so may go check it out . . .

Either way she looks really nice and knowin me i'll end up getting her...

James

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks like a B&W to me. The Blues have the "burnt" nose and a black "teardrop" under the eye. That one has none of those features. It does have the long side bar so it could be a cross. Nice looking Tegu, anyway!!

Aquai

5 Year Member
Ahhh right, that's what i needed to hear...

I'm going to go check her out anyway, see what size she is etc, and if they'll move on price at all....

She does look pretty stunning and fear i maybe adding another to the collection >_<

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aquai said:
Ahhh right, that's what i needed to hear...

I'm going to go check her out anyway, see what size she is etc, and if they'll move on price at all....

She does look pretty stunning and fear i maybe adding another to the collection >_<
Welcome to the addiction!!!

Possibly a female, maybe 3 feet long.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
tegus addictive--yes sir. I planning on getting another one to. Iv been shopping around and for the price im going to go back to LLL reptile again for 99 bucks out the door and i can pick it up myself and save on shipping. Im sorry i cant wait for bobbys. I could have another 3 footer by the time his hatch....(sorry bob)

Aquai

5 Year Member
I'm UK based so price's vary massively.

Had a look at her and she's far too small, she was barely a foot, so decided to leave her, still a young'un

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
tegus addictive--yes sir. I planning on getting another one to. Iv been shopping around and for the price im going to go back to LLL reptile again for 99 bucks out the door and i can pick it up myself and save on shipping. Im sorry i cant wait for bobbys. I could have another 3 footer by the time his hatch....(sorry bob)
Quality vs. Quantity. Don't get stuck with an import!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm UK based so price's vary massively.

Had a look at her and she's far too small, she was barely a foot, so decided to leave her, still a young'un

That's a good looking tegu. You gotta start somewhere. They grow super fast provided a proper diet. You will have a larger lizard in no time. I would take her.

Aquai

5 Year Member
I've already got two 4ft'ers

She was about 1' long and still a bit feisty and i'd rather not take one on at that size, i prefer the adult specimens and housing them together...

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
thats an extreme man, chacoan tegu...bobby can 100% that, but I have a black and white and that doesnt really look like one, it looks cream color and has more stripes than spots. either that or its a black and white mixed with a blue, it just doesnt look 100% black and white to me at all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980