• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update for the tegu eggs information

Riplee

5 Year Member
Today, I cleaned all the bad eggs out.

After that , I only have 11 great eggs left.
I use two different types and size incubator. which is shown on the pictures.

All the eggs in the big incubator went bad and smell.(33eggs) And the babies in those eggs are very close to developed. But they have the same sign of the broken of the very back of the spine. All the eggs in this incubator are turned totally white bright when u candle it which suppose to be seen blood net line. (All the good eggs has that). Also, the eggs in the big incubator's albumen changed to the brown water with very very low consistency.(the good eggs should be like gel.)

Then let's look at the difference between this two incubators.
The big incubator has 4 small hole on the top for exchange the air. It also has a heating wire on the top with a fan. I did some tests just few mins ago. I found in this incubator the temp is not stable like the small digit one. And they are very easy to change following the outside temp changing. I think it is because it uses a thermistor not a thermostat. I live in Michigan, during the incubating period, is from early spring to middle summer, Michigan's weather changed a lot in one day. So it might cause the big temp changed during the noon time which I was not at home.
another point is beside the incubator is my rat breeders rack and I use pine bedding which will explore to the powder when they absorb the water. So it has high possibility the dirty powder went into the big incubator and got mold killed the eggs.

My lesson is if you wanna use this kind of incubator, u must put them in a stable temp environment without any dirty powder effect. I will take this lesson for next year.

PS: The good side is all the eggs in the small incubator are very good, but due to its size I was only able to put 13 eggs in there and 2 of them werent fertilized. But they are still firm and clean now.

Hope everyone can enjoy their tegus.

Thank you. (English is not my native language sorry for the grammar or spell mistake)

Li

Attachments

• eggshell.jpg
    eggshell.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 54354354353.jpg
    54354354353.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads