• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

update on emergency

theonas

5 Year Member
hi there....just a quick update on my little guy.when i last posted things were looking a lot better.....but then we had a turn for the worse...my litte guy/girl had a prolapse.from reading on various sites i was really worried.....people saying they hadn't heard of a happy ending when gu's have one! anyway......i took tiggy to the vets,the vet just pushed it back in,the day after it prolapsed again.this time when we went to the vets the tissue didn't look as healthy....my little one ended up having surgery.tiggy's belly was opened up and the intestines pulled back in from there and then stitched to the muscle wall ( i think it was the muscle wall!!) to stop it coming back out again.the surgery has a 9/10 sucess rate.....so i am keeping my fingers crossed! so tiggy has been home a few days now and finally ate yesterday( i am feeding with baby food,so it is easy to digest) i'm guessing tiggy is still sore( we are giving a painkiller/antiinflammatory every day)but is starting to move around a bit more now.my gu is gonna hate us soon.......all we seem to do is bath it poke and sqeeze it and now get it cut open....lol

just hope everything goes well,and maybe we can start to bond properly.anyway wil try to keep you all updated.....

oh....i nearly forgot,if anyone in the north west of the uk needs a good reptile vet.......pennine vets in bolton are the ones i used....it only cost Ã?â??Ã?£135 for the surgery.ok thanks for reading guys x

winter

5 Year Member
Wow. your poor little one has gone through a lot. Hopefully will get better soon. Please keep us updated. Best of luck.

theonas

5 Year Member
unfortunatly this will be my last post to you guys.....as tiggy had to be put to sleep on monday.he/she had prolapsed again and it had dried out and become damaged....i am so gutted.....but its what's best for them is'nt it?at least he/she is'nt suffering anymore.....RIP Tiggy x x x x
26062009278.jpg

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your little gu. What a bum deal. It's amazing how quickly we get attached to these little guys, isn't it? I'm sorry for your loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.