• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

URTI (upper respiratory tract infection?)

J.LRegius

5 Year Member
Whenever Ty finishes drinking water he starts expelling mucus from his nose and mouth for a period of time. I think it might be URTI and I will get him checked out. What I've read is that URTI is caused by improper temps and humidity. I keep the tank at 40-70% humidity and the temperature stays at 100-118F. Is there anything to help his "condition". I took him to the vet last time he did that and the vet said he was fine and that to moisturize his nose he gave me some saline water for "nose drops"

Help would be very much appreciated!

J.LRegius

5 Year Member
Well, he is currently in a 10 gallon, so uhhh, not really. But everyday I let him wander my room and my room is kept at EXACTLY 76F

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.