• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UVB lighting for new tegu

Patrick Kendall

I am getting an argentine in a few days and have been researching uvb lighting. I'm leaning towards megaray mercury vapor bulbs, if I don't go that route I will use 24 or 48 inch uvb tube lighting. I would greatly appreciate input on what product is best in terms of uvb output and how long it lasts.

Patrick Kendall

I have a columbian tegu I rescued this week. Has mbd real bad. And wounds from rats biting her. Not sure what I can do for her. I've been giving her repashy in a syringe and putting some
Extra vitamins in it. Soaking her in warm water every day. Would calcium injections help? Just not really sure what to do for her.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Really sounds like a trip to a specialized vet is needed to determine best course of action. Tell you options. MBD is tricky business as it relates to severity, age of animal, etc. Best of luck with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980