• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UVB/ thoughts on powersun

Bbop

Howdy fellow tegu enthusiast. I wanted to ask for your guy’s opinions on the 160 watt powersun bulb for heating and UVB. I was wondering if this was enough UVB in the enclosure. I figured that since in the wild they get UVB when they are basking so in theory he only needs UVB above his basking spot. I have the powersun about 13 inches away from his basking spot. This is what the website said to do. Lmk if that’s too close or far, supported by two 100 watt basking bulbs to make the hot spot 115-125 gradient. The tank is about 7 feet by 4 feet.

Yvonne G

Administrator
5 Year Member
It's plenty of UVB, but it's an awful big bulb! It will be hard to maintain the correct temperature with such a high wattage bulb.

Bbop

It's plenty of UVB, but it's an awful big bulb! It will be hard to maintain the correct temperature with such a high wattage bulb.
Do u think it being 13 inches away is too close? And the other heat bulbs by it keep it a steady 110-125. Usually 115-120 and never over 120

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980