• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Vacation?? [Help]

Jer723

5 Year Member
what do you guys do with your tegus when your on vacation??? i am going for memorial day weekend for like 3 days but then in july i am going to nj for a week, so i dont know what to do, i dont know really anyone who could sit for me except dave? but i wouldnt want my little guy to be burden, i just dont know what to do, what do you guys do? what would you do for the 3 days or for the 7 days? please respond. i need replies, i have no idea what im going to do!? any help would be very greatly appreciated,

Jerry

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jerry, he will be fine for 3 days, just feed him well before you leave and make sure he has enough water while you are gone.

In the wild tegus do not eat every day, if bad weather sets in for a few days tegus do not come out and search for food. So he will be fine, just as they are in the wild. Just feed him good when you get back.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would not do it for a week, you will need someone to come in if you are gone that long.

argus333

5 Year Member
i set up food in fridge, i have friend come by who is afraid of reptiles. so all he has to do is just but food in cage in bowl and check water. in the summer all my guys are outside so he come by early before they are warmed up and out. real easy..

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey i forgot for the 3 days what should i do as for lighting should i just leave the bask and uv on for the 3 days or shut them off, or i could just keep an infrared bulb in there for the 3 days. please respond im leaving in a couple hours!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.