• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

varnyard, heres the pics of the he/she...

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
lizardeatinchicks001.jpg

lizardeatinchicks002.jpg

lizardeatinchicks003.jpg

lizardeatinchicks004.jpg

lizardeatinchicks005.jpg

lizardeatinchicks006.jpg

lizardeatinchicks008.jpg

lizardeatinchicks009.jpg

lizardeatinchicks015.jpg

lizardeatinchicks014.jpg

lizardeatinchicks016.jpg

lizardeatinchicks017.jpg

lizardeatinchicks018.jpg

lizardeatinchicks019.jpg

lizardeatinchicks020.jpg
i am going to make a video tonight of the action and will post it. she is most active around the later part of the day and will give me good video for you to reveiw. thanks bobby. talk to you soon about this.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
Mr Critter said:
Is that the heater you were posting about.
Yes this is the heater i posted about. It is keeping my enclosure at 70 at night. My garage gets in the high 40s to low 50s so its doing great.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I can't believe he is holding still like that when she is biting him. I would take off if I would be him lol. I can't wait to see the video :) .

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:mrgreen: I apologize a head of time but this was the first thing that popped into my head after looking at those pics.

"Lady take it easy...Hate to sound sleazy, but tease me,
I don't want it if it's that easy" :lol: .

Meg90

5 Year Member
I think its possible that its a male with small jowls. The behavior just looks aggressive to me, because neither one are trying to align their tails or anything of that nature, which is what they would do in a breeding situation.

Can you post a picture of "its" vent?

Meg90

5 Year Member
I am really starting to think you have two males.

It seems like aggression and little else. When did you put them together?

Bites aren't uncommon when reptiles breed, as they do this to hold on, but in the case of your tegus, the "female" wasn't even on the bottom for one, and two, "she" wasn't working any tail action, not even a wiggle in those pictures. Neither was.

It looks like a smaller male determined to be dominant, and pushing the big guy around. He looks mellow, and imma bet that if you're not a food item, he is.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i guess anything is possible. bobby hill thinks the he/she is a male as well but lacking dominate traits such as jowls, also bobby hill thinks ones southern and ones northern and that would explain the attempt to mate in december. i on the other hand think its more cage aggression or territory type behavior fighting for the best burrow place. some things i wrote about were the white discharge that ended up being urates and pee. i am still 90% positive shes female with follicles but that these two will not be able to breed due to the hemispher difference. i will learn more about these two as time goes on thats for sure

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
they have big bellies! After looking at your pics, I need to fatten up my tegu! You must feed them a lot.. whats their feeding schedule like?

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
on saturdays i alternate feeding and it goes like this. each tegu gets 2 four week old chicks, the following saturday each tegu get six mice each. no food on sundays, mondays boiled eggs and chicken hearts, nothing tuesdays, wednesdays chicken gizzards and beef liver, nothing on thursdays, fridays ground turkey and whatever eles i need to get rid of before it goes bad. i go through about a pound of ground turkey, a pound of chicken hearts and gizzards,and a pound beef liver a week. i do however end up throwing some food out after the day is over.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
ok, thanks!
For one day, Ive been giving my tegu whos 36inches. . just 8 or 10 chicken hearts and the next day, just one adult mouse, the next day a few small pieces of salmon and so on. make no wonder hes skinny lol
six mice in one day? what size.. are they adult? I only give mine one adult mouse a week because Im afraid of impaction. By the sounds of it I should start feeding him bigger portions.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i feed large adult mice, and as far as compaction goes with the fur i think you would have to feed several mice a day on a staple diet for a long period of time for compaction to occur. several mice once or twice a weeks not a problem though. i am also watching my female because shes getting a bit heavy and starting to drag her tummy now so she may be going on a diet soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980