• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

very poorly tegu

sylvie

We have a much loved tegu, male 6 year old, Elvis. He has been poorly for a while and has been back and forwards to the vets for around 10 weeks now. The vet believe he has a infection possibly in his liver. He has been on 4 different antibiotics and doesn't seem to be getting much better. He is losing around 70 grams of weight a week. I have tried everything to stimulate his appertite but nothing much seems to work. I am getting maybe 6 eggs a week into him :0( and his critical/carnivore care force feed. Any idea's to try to get him to eat ? He is back to the vets on Wednesday for xrays, more bloods and scans and tube feeding. Any help would be a appreciated.... feeling desperate now

aambumann

sylvie said:
We have a much loved tegu, male 6 year old, Elvis. He has been poorly for a while and has been back and forwards to the vets for around 10 weeks now. The vet believe he has a infection possibly in his liver. He has been on 4 different antibiotics and doesn't seem to be getting much better. He is losing around 70 grams of weight a week. I have tried everything to stimulate his appertite but nothing much seems to work. I am getting maybe 6 eggs a week into him :0( and his critical/carnivore care force feed. Any idea's to try to get him to eat ? He is back to the vets on Wednesday for xrays, more bloods and scans and tube feeding. Any help would be a appreciated.... feeling desperate now
Sorry to hear about Elvis. Our prayers are with him.
Sounds like you have done everything you could have and then some. Sometimes things are just out of our hands, and Nature and Elvis may have to decide this one. Good luck. God Speed Elvis.

sylvie

aambumann said:
sylvie said:
Sorry to hear about Elvis. Our prayers are with him.
Sounds like you have done everything you could have and then some. Sometimes things are just out of our hands, and Nature and Elvis may have to decide this one. Good luck. God Speed Elvis.
maybe progess !! He has eaten 40 grams of chicken this morning with his egg :0)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutz4tegus